It is easier than you think to host a fun, themed party that others will remember for years to come. Planning can be quite simple when you use available resources such as rental companies, caterers, or party supply venues to bring your theme to life. Be sure to check with vendors and rental businesses early to ensure you have everything you need to make your vision a reality.
Three parties that are easy to pull together and that please a crowd are these:
A celebratory carnival.
Guests of all ages enjoy a carnival-themed bash, and it is so easy to pull this party together with the right venue. Weather permitting, the typical games, toys, and attractions of a carnival work best outdoors, but a large space such as a gymnasium or a warehouse may also work well. Talk with party vendors about the following:
- renting games so that guests can win prizes to take home
- a bounce house (always a big hit for kids of all ages)
- food that suits the theme, such as corn dogs, cotton candy, and ice cream
A retro shindig.
Guests will enjoy pulling their retro clothes out of storage for your retro shindig. Consider going with a disco-themed party, and encourage those you invite to dress the part. A party rental company will have the décor that you need to turn your venue into a cool 70s-inspired dance party!
Talk with these vendors about renting these items:
- a dance floor or stage for guests to show off their moves
- a disco ball to cast a cool glow over your event
- clever costumes such as fringed clothing, sparkling gowns, and big wigs
A Hollywood gala.
Another great party that will warm up the cold winter nights and get everyone out of the house is a Hollywood-inspired gala. Keep it slightly formal to maintain the theme of an elite awards ceremony, and talk with vendors about some of the following ideas to convey the theme of old Hollywood glamour:
- a stage for a master of ceremonies to speak
- a venue with high ceilings and some chic chandeliers and fixtures to bring an elegant mood to the space
- sophisticated foods, appetizers, and cocktails; talk with the caterer about creating a signature drink for your awards-themed bash
- plastic trophies that resemble an Oscar to give to guests to take home as a keepsake
Have some fun with your planned function and add a theme to get guests in a celebratory mood. Talk with party rental businesses, vendors, and caterers about these three popular themes and how to best bring this to your specific venue. Hosting a themed party is easier than you may think, and your guests will gush about your event later on. Get started by speaking with a representative from a company like A-Better Party Rentals.Share